- you will know all the contents of the form.
- you will know the meaning of the different colors of the items of the form.
Any form (form-based) of the applications consists of many elements. in the next two screen shots, you will see most of these types. You may see all these elements or some of them in one form.
form layout 1
form layout 2
Some elements must be in every forms like tool bar, menu bar, status bar, window title and canvas.
Depend on the form you had open and its function, you will find some menue of the menu bar and some buttons of the tool bar are enabled or disabled.
The status bar shows you some important messages during your work for example if you saved your work successfully, you must find a message on the status bar indicates, how many record are saved and said that the process is accomplished successfully.
Text item is the place where the user can enter the data inside it. Display item is for displaying only. For example in the purchasing module there is a display item which shows the name of the user who log in the current session.
Radion group shows many choices that the user should select only one of these choice. For example the gender of an employee is (male or female), it is only have one possibility.
Check box shows many choices that the user can select none or one or more of these choice. For example hobbies(reading , sport, fishing...) one person can have one or more or none of these hobbies.
What are the items colors??
The items of the forms have many colors, every color of these colors has spacific meaning. The next two screen shots show most of these colors.
item color 1
item color 2
the items of the forms have many colors and they are
- yellow :mandatory item. you must add data in this item.
- white :not mandatory item. it is optional to add data or not in this item.
- gray :display item.only for a display you can not edit the value inside it.
- blue :query mode item.when the form is in query mode, you can serach by using the blue items in the form as a criteria for your search. We find a message on the status bar telling you about the query mode and which keys you hav to press on to execute your query.